The Unwrap and Re-Capture, by Dan Baker, is a poker chip trick where you catch a flying chip in between two other chips.
This is a trick I came up with and hadn’t seen anything like it till I just saw the twirl hop about two minutes ago. This trick is pretty similar but without the twirl and the added challenge of having to catch the flying chip between the other two chips.
OK so here we go…
- Grab three chips in the thumb flip position and do a single thumb flip. Its not necessary for the trick but its starts a combo and I feel it makes it easier for the next step.
- Separate out the middle chip and grab it between your ring and middle finger.
- Move the chip around so its so it parallel with the other two chips and trap it between your index and middle finger and lose the grip your ring finger.
- You should be in a position where you have two chips between your thumb and index and another one directly behind then between your index and middle finger.
- Still with me? Great now with your thumb squeeze the two chips together at the bottom so the bottoms touch and the gap at the top increases. The chips form a sort of v shape this makes a bigger gap for the chip land into.
- Next up the hard and fun part by flicking the wrist and letting go with your middle finger launch the one chip in the air. The flick is important as you need spin on the chip to keep it straight when its in the air.
- Once the chip is in the air all you have to do is catch it between the two left in your hand and your there!
The video can be found with all of the submitted poker chip trick videos.